Minneapolis Attorneys For Trade Secrets Litigation
Protecting trade secrets is essential to the viability of a business. When a former employee allegedly shares such secrets with a new employer or sells them to a competitor, financial ruin can result.
At Faricy Law Firm, P.A., our Minneapolis lawyers for trade secret litigation are available to help Minnesota businesses take proactive measures to protect their secrets in the marketplace. If disputes do arise, we know how to take immediate action to limit the damage and protect our clients' financial interests. In addition, we defend individuals accused of divulging trade secrets or misappropriating other proprietary information.
With more than three decades of legal experience, we represent both corporations and their employees in intellectual property disputes and other business litigation involving:
- Misappropriation of trade secrets
- Covenants not to compete/noncompete agreements
- Nondisclosure agreements
- Duty of loyalty to an employer
- Protecting customer lists and other confidential information
- Injunctive relief in regard to theft of trade secrets
- Unjust enrichment damages
Defining A Trade Secret
According to the Minnesota Uniform Trade Secrets Act, a trade secret meets both of the following criteria:
- It is information that obtains its economic value from that fact that it is not generally known or readily ascertained.
- The owner of the information has taken reasonable steps to preserve its secrecy.
Such information may come in the form of a blueprint, manufacturing method, customer list, schematic, technique, formula, pattern, program, etc.
Call Our Minneapolis/St. Paul Lawyers For Noncompete Agreements And More
To schedule a free initial consultation about the misappropriation of trade secrets or any other area of our practice, call the Minneapolis office of Faricy Law Firm, P.A., at 612.371.4400, or contact the attorneys by email.